Get Help

Foodbank vouchers

Our foodbank works using a voucher referral system. Find out more about how we work.

We know that anyone can find themselves at crisis point for a number of different reasons.

In order to provide the most appropriate help for the circumstances of your situation we work with local agencies. If they feel you are struggling to put food on the table, they will issue you with a foodbank voucher.  Some agencies create paper vouchers which you would bring to the foodbank, others create electronic vouchers which are sent directly to us. The local agency can also provide long term support if needed to help address some of the issues behind the reasons for your crisis. 

Our foodbank works with a number of different agencies, such as homeless agencies, children’s centres and health visitors.  To see a list of the agencies that work with us click here.  To find out more about the agencies that create our vouchers and how you can get help, please contact us.

When you visit a referral agency they will take some basic details from you to create the voucher. This will help them to identify the cause of your crisis and offer practical guidance. It also means we are able to prepare suitable emergency food for the right number of people.

If you or someone you know is in need of food support, please phone Perth & Kinross Council Welfare Fund Team: 0345 30 111 00 (Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm) – for advice and/or a referral to your nearest foodbank.

Once you have been issued with a voucher, you can exchange this for a minimum of three days of emergency food at your nearest foodbank centre.  If you have been provided with a paper voucher you must bring it with you, if an electronic voucher has been created it will already be with us.

If you are a referral agency and would like to become a registered voucher holder for our foodbank, please contact us to find out more.

Back to Get Help